Jan 2, 2026 • 11:15 AM (GMT+8)

BREAKING NEWS

DHSUD-7 says Cebu Landmasters projects face licensing deficiencies

DHSUD-7 says Cebu Landmasters projects face licensing deficiencies - article image
Local

SEVERAL projects of Cebu Landmasters Inc. (CLI) in Central Visayas have yet to secure licenses to sell after the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development-Central Visayas (DHSUD-7) found deficiencies in its applications.

DHSUD-7 Regional Director Mark Anthony Linduangon said Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2026, that the agency issued Notices of Deficiency of Requirements (NDRs) to some CLI projects because of incomplete submissions and concerns involving regulatory compliance.

Among the issues identified were inconsistencies in building permit classifications, applications involving the conversion of Temporary Licenses to Sell into regular licenses, and outstanding documentary requirements.

Linduangon said some applications also needed technical corrections or had to be referred back to the concerned local government units before they could proceed.

“Some projects were likewise issued NDRs due to incomplete submissions, non-compliance with applicable standards or the need for technical rectification and referral back to the concerned Local Government Units,” Linduangon said in a statement.

Projects identified by the agency include North Grove at Pristina Town, Towers 1 and 2; Alto Ranudo; Mirani Homes Bogo; and Casa Mira South Phase 4B.3.

He emphasized that developers remain responsible for completing the requirements needed for approval, saying DHSUD cannot grant licenses to sell to applications that do not meet regulatory standards.

The DHSUD statement came after CLI addressed reports about the postponement of several project launches during the first half of 2026.

In a separate statement, CLI said the delays were largely related to regulatory requirements that the company needed to complete under DHSUD's strengthened licensing and permitting procedures.

The property developer said it has already hurdled the requirements and obtained the approvals needed for its planned launches in the second half of the year.

CLI is targeting 11 project launches involving more than 5,600 units, with an estimated combined sales value of about P25 billion.

“The company used the first half of the year to complete the necessary requirements and secure the approvals needed to bring these projects to market,” CLI said in a separate statement.

“With these requirements now being addressed, CLI is moving forward with its planned second-half launches across Cebu, Mactan, Ormoc, Butuan, Davao, and Panglao,” the developer added.

CLI Chief Executive Officer Jose Franco Soberano had earlier said the company postponed the launch of at least four developments while their licenses to sell were still pending. The delays were reportedly linked to an 82% decline in project launches from the previous year.

Linduangon rejected the notion that regulatory agencies alone were responsible for the delays, pointing to the obligation of developers to submit complete and compliant applications.

He added that the DHSUD Central Office and all 17 regional offices have, since June, reported no overdue regulatory applications.

Under the agency's process, applications are acted upon within 15 days, while developers issued deficiency notices are given 90 days to comply.

CLI, meanwhile, said it supports DHSUD's regulatory efforts and remains committed to coordinating with government agencies to ensure responsible project development and help address the country's housing needs.(MyTVCebu)

Share to:
Newsletter